10 Must Read Social Media Marketing Books of 2018
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full Disclosure for more info.
In previous blog posts, I’ve mainly discussed the importance of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) as a way to drive traffic to your website. As important as SEO is, social media marketing is also a crucial aspect for many bloggers. For this reason, social media marketing is also a skill worth mastering. Once you have mastered social media marketing, you’ll realize that it is a fantastic way to drive even more traffic to your website.
If you’re wondering how to master social media marketing, look no further. This information is readily available in a nice book format. Heck, there are plenty of books out there that will teach you how to master social media marketing. All you have to do is pick up the book, read the book, and implement the strategies learned in the book.
In this article, you’ll discover the books that will help you improve and master social media marketing.
10 Must Read Social Media Marketing Books
Below, I have listed my top 10 social media marketing books that you can use to master social media marketing. Before you begin reading any one of these books, my one piece of advice is that you should begin by mastering one social media platform at a time before moving on to the next one.
1. Pinterest Power: Market Your Business, Sell Your Product, and Build Your Brand on the World’s Hottest Social Network
If you think Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter were the goldmines of internet marketing, think again. Pinterest outpaces them all and is one of the best social media networks for marketers and bloggers alike.
Pinterest has over 150 million monthly active users. This number may not be anywhere near the number of active users Facebook and Twitter have; However, it is so much easier to get organic traffic to your website with Pinterest than any other search engine.
Pinterest is more than a social media network; it’s also a visual search engine. Pinterest makes the saying “a picture is worth a thousand words” come to life. A visual discovery tool like Pinterest can help people discover new interests and new ideas.
The human brain can process images a lot quicker than it can process text. 90% of the information transmitted to the brain is visually based. For this reason alone, Pinterest is a really powerful marketing tool.
If you can master Pinterest marketing, you will be able to drive more traffic to your website, you will get more customers, and you will get more profit from your business or blog.
Pinterest Power by Jason Miles and Karen Lacey is the best and the most complete book on Pinterest marketing. Some of the most important topics covered in this book are:
- Driving and growing Pinterest traffic
- Marketing campaigns with Pinterest
- Pinterest selling strategies
- Pinterest monetization strategies
- Tips for pinning great content
- Marketing and technology resources for Pinterest users
The book Pinterest Power: Market Your Business, Sell Your Product, and Build Your Brand on the World’s Hottest Social Network is worth the read if you are serious about growing your traffic and making money online.
2. Facebook: Facebook Marketing Mastery – How To Turn Likes Into $$$
Facebook is known as a social networking website that makes it super easy to connect with friends, colleagues, and family members. This social networking website allows users to post their thoughts and comments. It also allows users to share photographs, videos, and links. Facebook also allows users to send messages to one another using Facebook messenger.
All of this is great, but what many people don’t realize is that Facebook a lot more potential. Facebook can actually be used to make more money. If you want to learn how, I’d suggest you read Facebook Marketing Mastery. This book will teach you how to:
- Create a Facebook fan page
- Increase the number of fans and followers you have on Facebook
- Use incentives to get more fans and followers on Facebook
- Make money online using Facebook
Facebook has a lot of potential when it comes to making money online. You just need to learn how to unlock that potential by reading Facebook: Facebook Marketing Mastery – How to Turn Likes into $$$.
3. What The Plus!: Google+ for the Rest of Us
Google+ is the official social media platform of Google. If you would like to rank higher in Google, Google+ is a social media platform worth mastering. In order to master and use Google+ effectively, you’ll need to understand some of the terminology used by Google+ such as +1’s, circles, streams, and hangouts.
Many bloggers still do not use Google+ as one of their social media platforms, but they should. Google+ is one of the fastest growing social media platforms right now. Currently, there are over 100 million active users on Google+. Google+ really has a lot of potential and this book will make you fall in love with Google+ if you haven’t already.
The author of What The Plus! Is Guy Kawasaki. Guy explains everything you should know about getting started with Google+. Guy explains how to:
- Create an enchanting Google+ profile
- Master circles and streams
- Comment, respond to comments, and share posts
- Get more Google+ followers
- Hang out and chat
Guy explains just about everything there is to know about mastering Google+. He truly is an expert and I highly recommend reading his book What The Plus!: Google+ for the Rest of Us.
4. YouTube Marketing Power: How to Use Video to Find More Prospects, Launch Your Products, and Reach a Massive Audience
Many of us are familiar with YouTube. YouTube is often a place we visit for fashion and beauty advice, cooking recipes, comedy shows, music videos, and so much more. What many people don’t realize though is that YouTube is more than just a place to watch videos.
Aside from entertainment, YouTube has also established itself as a social media platform and a video search engine. YouTube allows visitors to build profiles, like videos, share videos, comment on videos, and subscribe to other visitors’ channels.
YouTube is massive. As a matter of fact, YouTube has over a billion active users each month. With YouTube’s large following, you would be crazy not to use it for marketing purposes. YouTube, however, isn’t for every marketer. If you want to effectively market your business, you are going to have to learn how to produce great videos.
If you want to master YouTube marketing, reading YouTube Marketing Power by Jason Miles is a must. Here are some of the topics Jason Miles discusses in his YouTube Marketing Power book:
- The benefits of YouTube marketing for business
- How to effectively setup your YouTube channel
- Seven ways to get videos done for YouTube
- How to generate revenue through YouTube
- How to monetize your YouTube channel
If you want to try your hands at vlogging (video blogging) or if you want to supplement your blog with videos, I highly recommend you read YouTube Marketing Power: How to Use Video to Find More Prospects, Launch Your Products, and Reach a Massive Audience.
5. Twitter Marketing That Sells: How to Convert Your Twitter Followers into Business Dollars
Twitter remains one of the top social media platforms on the internet today and it’s also a very powerful marketing tool for bloggers and businesses alike. For this reason, Twitter is definitely a platform worth mastering.
Many bloggers and business owners don’t have a Twitter strategy to make the platform work for them. When it comes to using Twitter correctly, many bloggers and business owners don’t even know where to begin.
This is where the book Twitter Marketing That Sells comes into play. This book will teach you everything you need to know about using Twitter to market your business. In Twitter Marketing That Sells, you will learn how to:
- Grow the number of Twitter followers you have
- Use Twitter to drive more traffic to your website
- Receive more engagement from your Tweets
- Create a Twitter profile page that converts
- Use hashtags on Twitter
- Use Twitter polls for marketing
- Connect with influencers on Twitter
- Use the Advanced Search feature on Twitter
- Become an influencer yourself
- Use Twitter lists
- Participate in Twitter chats
- Use images on Twitter
You really can turn Twitter followers into business dollars. Learn how to take full advantage of what Twitter has to offer by reading Twitter Marketing That Sells: How to Convert Your Twitter Followers into Business Dollars.
6. Instagram Power: Build Your Brand and Reach More Customers with the Power of Pictures
Like Pinterest, Instagram is a visual social media platform. There’s really no definite answer on which of these two social media platforms is better. I guess that depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Instagram is all about sharing your own photos rather than curating the content found on the internet.
If you want your visitors to get a little personal with your business, then Instagram is a great social media platform to use. Instagram is definitely more conversational than Pinterest. Instagram also makes it easier to ask your followers to comment on the content you post to Instagram.
If you want to learn more about leveraging the power of Instagram, read Instagram Power by Jason Miles. The book Instagram Power discusses how to:
- Market on Instagram
- Sell on Instagram
- Brand on Instagram
- Integrate Instagram into your online marketing strategy
- Leverage your Instagram experience
Instagram is just one more social media platform you can use in your marketing strategy. I recommend reading Instagram Power: Build Your Brand and Reach More Customers with the Power of Pictures to get started.
7. LinkedIn Riches: How to Use LinkedIn For Business, Sales, and Marketing
LinkedIn is well known as a professional social networking website for those seeking employment and for those seeking employees for their companies. There are currently over 400 million people registered on LinkedIn, so it definitely has a lot of potential. One little known secret of LinkedIn is that you can actually use it to market your business and to generate more sales.
Don’t believe me? Well then, the LinkedIn Riches book by John Nemo is worth the read. John generated $135,000 in revenue using nothing other than the LinkedIn social networking website.
I’m not saying that you’ll generate this much money, but it is certainly a possibility. The amount of money you generate is entirely dependent on how much time you are willing to put into your marketing efforts on LinkedIn. The topics covered in John Nemo’s LinkedIn Riches book include:
- Creating a LinkedIn profile that attracts clients and generates leads
- Generating new sales leads and clients on LinkedIn
- Turning LinkedIn connections into paying clients
- Publishing content that attracts clients on LinkedIn
Read LinkedIn Riches: How to Use LinkedIn For Business, Sales, and Marketing to learn how you can profit from LinkedIn.
8. Snapchat is the New Black: The Unrivaled Guide to Snapchat Marketing
Snapchat is the most popular among teens and young adults, but can this social media network really be used to market your business? I was surprised to find out that the answer to this question was a resounding ‘yes.’ I guess Snapchat isn’t just for taking selfies of yourself and sending them to your friends.
If you are a fan of Snapchat, I highly recommend you read the book Snapchat is the New Black by Cedric Nix. This book includes chapters on how to:
- Get started with Snapchat
- Use Snapchat for business
- Market your business using Snapchat
- Increase the number of followers on Snapchat
If you sell products and/or services for your business, the book Snapchat is the New Black: The Unrivaled Guide to Snapchat Marketing is a must read.
9. 500 Social Media Marketing Tips: Essential Advice, Hints, and Strategy for Business (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, and More)
Using social media effectively can be quite overwhelming, especially if you don’t know where to begin. If you’re not receiving any likes, comments, or clicks on your social media pages no matter how hard you try, you may just feel like giving up.
It is critical to develop a social media marketing strategy to build awareness, attract customers, increase website traffic, and make sales. Without a strong and consistent social media marketing plan, your efforts may be for nothing.
The book 500 Social Media Marketing Tips by Andrew Macarthy will show you how to build and grow a successful social media marketing strategy. In this book, you will learn:
- Why you need a social media marketing strategy for your business
- How to make and share the most effective content on social media
- Tips on how to grow your audience and succeed on all the largest social media platforms
- How to use blogging for your social marketing efforts
Read 500 Social Media Marketing Tips: Essential Advice, Hints, and Strategy for Business to get the most out of everything social media has to offer.
10. Social Media: Master, Manipulate, and Dominate Social Media Marketing with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and LinkedIn
It doesn’t matter how good your product or service is if no one buys it. For this reason, you can’t escape the fact that the money will only come if you are able to market your product or service effectively.
The Social Media book by J. Wolf will teach you how to harness the power of social media marketing. If you want to learn how to dramatically increase your sales with social media marketing, this book is for you. This book will teach you how to:
- Identify and create the keyword strategy
- Optimize your website
- Create a blog
- Promote content on social media
- Participate on social media
- Convert website traffic into leads for your business
- Use leads when marketing via email
- Analyze and refine your social media marketing strategies
- Improve your content
- Dominate all the popular social media networks
- Use advertisements to monetize your business
If you want to grow your sales and maximize your profits, Social Media: Master, Manipulate, and Dominate Social Media Marketing With Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and LinkedIn is the book for you.
When I first started blogging, I had no idea how to market my website using social media. I never thought that I would be the person to spend hours on social media every day. It wasn’t until I started my blog that I realized just how crucial having a social media marketing strategy is.
Anyway, I just provided 10 must-read social media marketing books to help you master different social media platforms. These are the exact books that helped me master social media marketing and I hope they can do the same for you. This doesn’t exactly mean you should use all of the social media platforms I mentioned on this page. Heck, I have a hard enough time maintaining 4 social media platforms.
My tip is to focus all your attention on 1 or 2 social media platforms and then add more if you can handle more. It’s not about how many social media platforms you are a part of. It’s more about how engaged you are on your chosen platforms. If you can master social media marketing, you will be well on your way to receiving thousands of new visitors to your website.
What’s your favorite social media marketing platform and what strategies do you use to market your website? Please leave your answers in the comments below.